Physiotherapy, often referred to as “physical therapy,” is a branch of health science that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of physical impairments and disabilities.
This plays an important role in helping you recover from injury, illness, or disability.
Our physiotherapists use evidence-based treatments to help you improve your movement, reduce pain, and overall quality of life.
When is Physiotherapy beneficial?
Physiotherapy is beneficial for many conditions like:
- Musculoskeletal issues such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches
- Sports injuries like sprains and strains
- Neurological problems like stroke
- Respiratory issues like asthma
- Postural issues including posture correction
- Pregnancy-associated issues like pelvic girdle pain
- Other chronic conditions like arthritis
North Shore Physiotherapy Clinic provides the following physiotherapy services:
Corrective Movement Systems
Joint and Nerve Mobilisations
Myofascial Release Therapy
Exercise therapy and prescription
Advice and education
Orthotic assessment and prescription
When should you visit a physiotherapist?
You can visit a physiotherapist whenever you choose because they don’t require a recommendation from a doctor. (You must make reservations in advance.)
Visit us if you:
- Want to avoid injuries.
- Want to take care of your spine (backbone).
- Need help with long-term health issues and pain relief.
- Want to increase your range of motion and muscle-stretching.
- Recovering after an operation.
- Need care for a physical handicap or disability.